Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bridal Brunch Party

During my summer trip extravaganza, I hosted a brunch for my dear friend Aimee who got married and two of my best friends at my parents house. It was pretty great to get to use my great grandma's fine china and my mom's beautiful silver wear. Trust me if I were hosting this event at my house we would be eating of ikea. period. Anyway, I thought I would share with you some pictures of my impromptu table setting, with flowers gathered from my mom's garden and the menu I used for the brunch party!


The salad is a just mix greens with home made lemon and olive oil dressing which is exactly what it sounds, a surprisingly big hit with the ladies. The egg dish is Giada De Laurentiis recipe Chicken and Orzo Frittata which was very, very easy. I made some home fries by cooking some new potatoes the night in boiling water till tender then I let them cool and then cutting them in to bite size pieces and threw them in a big ziplock with some chopped raw onion; so in the morning all I had to do was heat up the skillet with some butter and through in the potatoes and onion with my secret spices and cook until the onions are caramelized. To put this brunch to a new level of fancy I made raspberry butter and served it with ciabatta bread. This was inspired by a restaurant in my old neighborhood called Maggie Browns that serves raspberry butter and biscuits. All you have to do is take a stick of fairly cold butter and 3 heaping spoonfuls of raspberry jam and beater with an electric mixer until it combines, I might be kind of clumpy still but it sure is good!


Meringue Raspberry Ice Cream Cake, From Design Sponge. My tip is to add a sweeter dark chocolate other wise this comes out quite bitter.





All these recipes saved me a lot of time which gave me more time to be able to drink mimosas and catch up with the girls!

No comments: