Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cold Sesame Noodles


I'm in crunch time right now with my grad program so I have put my blog on hold slightly but some one was asking for my recipe for cold sesame noodles so here it is! I adapted this recipe from the Moosewood Cook book. But feel free to make changes to the peanut sauce as you see fit.

1 package buckwheat soba noodles (or any type asian noodles)
cook 3 min. in boiling water. strain. run under cold water.

In a bowl combined warm water and peanut butter with a wisk and then add rest of the ingredients. Poor over noodles and refrigerate.
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup warm water
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs salt

cyan pepper to tast
dash of orange juice


Prepare toppings and add to top of noodles serve!
1/2 cucumber peeled and cut into matchsticks
1/2 carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
1 green onion cut into small pieces
2 Tbs sesame seeds

No comments: