Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Monday : Austin Bats!!





Ok so those of you who don't reside in Austin, TX we have a bridge that up to 1.5 million bats live under, and at dusk every night people line up on the bridge and wait for the bats to fly out and eat all the misquotes and bugs. So when my friends Jen and Alan came to visit me last week I was pretty burnt out on the bat bridge I had "seen it" in my mind but was still in good spirits for Jen and Alan to have their first bat experience. That night the bats took their time and we waited slightly longer then expected. When they all came pouring out it was really dark but I decided to take pictures any way. I just sat down to a ton of pitch black pictures and when I changed the exposer POOF! Bats! Very exciting! I felt like I was in the dark room developing pictures but in reality I was just siting at my kitchen table on my laptop. haha I hope you enjoy them!

3 comments:

heidi said...

that is some seriously cool scooby doo stuff!

Laura K A said...

haha thanks!

Kristin said...

Those are awesome!