Friday, October 2, 2009

Pattern Recognition


1 comment:

Peter said...

This reminds me of how I learned to quickly and easily find four leaf clovers: I trained my eye to identify three leaf clovers and discard the deviants. 80% of non-three-leafers are four leaf clovers. (The other 20% are typically six leafers.) Try it. Once you get the hang of it, you develop a four leaf radar system that can identify an outlier in less than two minutes. The only other person I ever met with the same skill was a 98 year old woman. We made a bet at breakfast and then went outside to race. We tied in 12 seconds.